• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: God of War III demo out on trilogy Blu-ray this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accident

androvsky said:
The funny thing is I just tried the same thing; I went back as far as Twitter allows and didn't see anything like what this story claims. Can anyone paste the relevant Spanish quote from Twitter?

He deleted it
http://twitter.com/MarkPlayStation/status/3394117462

RT @MarkPlayStation: querian jugar God of War 1 y 2 en PS3, preparense que en Diciembre sale un paquete de GOW en Bluray para PS3 en visperas de GOW III

And his name appears in the Mexican PlayStation website, as a product manager for the PS brand.
http://mx.playstation.com/PSN/

test_account

XP-39C²
It is a great idea to put God of War 1 and 2 on a Blu-Ray disc and make these games playable on a PS3 i must say, but i was under the impression that this Blu-Ray disc was suppose to be included in a Limited/Special Edition of God of War 3? If i remember correctly, Sony (i think? or was it someone else?) asked what people would want to be included in a God of War 3 Limited/Special Edition, and this Blu-Ray disc with God of War 1 and 2 was one of the options.

But i think it would be really cool if Sony decided to sell this Blu-Ray disc with God of War 1 and 2 seperately as well. I already own God of War 2 (i have played through God of War 1 as well, but unfortunately i dont own that game myself :\), but i would definitly buy this Blu-Ray disc with God of War 1 and 2 if it comes out for sale :) I will also buy the Limited/Special Edition of God of War 3 anyway :)

Corto

Accident said:
He deleted it
http://twitter.com/MarkPlayStation/status/3394117462

RT @MarkPlayStation: querian jugar God of War 1 y 2 en PS3, preparense que en Diciembre sale un paquete de GOW en Bluray para PS3 en visperas de GOW III

And his name appears in the Mexican PlayStation website, as a product manager for the PS brand.
http://mx.playstation.com/PSN/

Quick translation:

"You want to play God of war 1 and 2 in the PS3, get ready as next december a GOW bluray pack will be released preparing GOW III."

Ettie

Crystal Ball says:

Firmware update between now and then will allow for game-by-game patch in BC, based on groundwork installed via this pie-in-sky firmware update. Let's say, Happy Thanksgiving! (of that year)

Then this is out 12/21 or whenever a Tuesday is close to that, and is the first game to use such individual BC.

What say ye Gaffers?

My crystal ball has never worked properly.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
PS2 games being sold again to play on PS3. Not really surprising, BC will come only you'll have to pay for the games again (so the complaining won't actually stop).

polyh3dron said:
Sony had a fucking European exec name David Reeves who was saying that Mirror's Edge was going to be PS3 exclusive among other crazy made up things. You think a Mexican exec of theirs is going to be more trustworthy?

Oh yeah and I'm gonna go tweep that I'm a Sony exec from Zimbabwe who can confirm that the Halo trilogy is coming out for PS3 and will cost 2 BILLION
Zimbabwe
DOLLARS. Are you gonna run a story about that?

:lol

Will buy, but not holding my breath--this isn't the first its been mentioned. When God of War 2 came out, they actually talked about doing some stuff for the PS3 but it didn't pan out--but then again, you do have an "HD mode" activation in there, so who knows.

Pimpbaa

I'd buy it. having GoW 1 & 2 run at 1080p with no screen tearing would be sweet (if they were to do that with the games).

Mr.NiceGuy

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
How about no. I can get both for $10 and a demo is worthless. That's what PSN is for.

Make it a pre-order bonus, or better yet, just pack it in.

but what if they made it in 1080p with fixing tearing and stuff, still not worth it ?

Mr.NiceGuy said:
but what if they made it in 1080p with fixing tearing and stuff, still not worth it ?
Well they should to that anyway and pack it with the game, yeah?:D

GoW 2 had extra content for free. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for a steelbook and a disc with the first two games, but as a standalone release? There's no incentive for me.

Minamu

polyh3dron said:
Sony had a fucking European exec name David Reeves who was saying that Mirror's Edge was going to be PS3 exclusive among other crazy made up things. You think a Mexican exec of theirs is going to be more trustworthy?

Oh yeah and I'm gonna go tweep that I'm a Sony exec from Zimbabwe who can confirm that the Halo trilogy is coming out for PS3 and will cost 2 BILLION
Zimbabwe
DOLLARS. Are you gonna run a story about that?
PLEASE! Do it now :lol

I like this idea. I haven't played gow1 in years & I lent gow2 to a friend's friend a few after the release & haven't seen it since... I'd buy this.

Tobor

I'd rather they put GOW I and II up on PSN than a BluRay, but I'd probably buy it. I've never played either game.

bridegur

If this happens and the resolution is bumped up to at least 720p, I'll buy it just in hopes of encouraging a similar thing to happen with Ico/SotC.

JB1981

I don't understand. Are the first two games being reworked to play on the PS3 or something? How would this work on non-BC PS3s. What am I missing here, GAF?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If Santa Monica are going to do real port and recoding the games so the games run as native PS3 games and not just rom dumps , they should port God of War: Chains of Olympus too not just God of War 1 , God of War 2 .

God of War: Chains of Olympus is important part of the story , they should have port it to PS2 months ago , now it's chance to do the right thing and port it with GOW1/2 on PS3 .

Shurs

JB1981 said:
I don't understand. Are the first two games being reworked to play on the PS3 or something? How would this work on non-BC PS3s. What am I missing here, GAF?

Think of it like Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Tobor

JB1981 said:

It's a port, not emulation.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Part of me doesn't believe Sony would cannibalize sales of GOW3, but they're also putting Uncharted onto greatest hits at the same time Uncharted 2 comes out. I'm curious how they would get the games running on PS3 though. I wish they would just come out with a solution to B/C already.

Pctx

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
The rumor is that the games are being put on a Blu-Ray disc...so essentially, being ported to the PS3. That's the one thing I do find hard to believe, I must admit.
You doubt the power of 4D? Come on man. If Sony can pull this off, this will be quite awesome.

vesp

I dont get how a demo of the third game constitutes a trilogy (unless they also pack in Chains of Prometheus).

Raistlin

MadOdorMachine said:
Part of me doesn't believe Sony would cannibalize sales of GOW3, but they're also putting Uncharted onto greatest hits at the same time Uncharted 2 comes out.

wut?

How would this cannibalize GOW3 sales? The point is to get people into the franchise?

I'm curious how they would get the games running on PS3 though. I wish they would just come out with a solution to B/C already.

I'm pretty sure they would if they could.

Kittonwy

Banned
Totobeni said:
If Santa Monica are going to do real port and recoding the games so the games run as native PS3 games and not just rom dumps , they should port God of War: Chains of Olympus too not just God of War 1 , God of War 2 .

God of War: Chains of Olympus is important part of the story , they should have port it to PS2 months ago , now it's chance to do the right thing and port it with GOW1/2 on PS3 .

Are you asking Santa Monica to spend time on ports?
Indifferent2.gif

Takao

Banned
Totobeni said:

Didn't someone at Ready At Dawn say they'd rather not port, or have their games ported onto other platforms?

Totobeni said:

They should just package in a download code for Chains of Olympus. No need to port it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Erm..... his last two tweets are about LBP PSP having ad-hoc multiplayer.

Wasn't it already confirmed that it wouldn't?

Raistlin

Takao said:
Didn't someone at Ready At Dawn say they'd rather not port, or have their games ported onto other platforms?

I don't recall them saying the latter, but even if they did ... well, they have no voice in the matter. They don't own the IP.

I believe I do recall them saying the former though.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Having never played God of War 1 or 2 I'd be interested in this if true, though I could just get both on the cheap and hope for a demo instead.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have almost bought a PS2 about 6 times this past week and keep holding off, I really want to play God of War, and #2, but no back compat. This would be a win.

Great news if true. Now all I need is Ico and SotC on a disc in much the same way, and I'll never regret selling my launch PS3 and buying a Slim.

peetfeet

Sean said:
What the fuck is a "tweep"?

I remember a leaked survey about this a while back (it's on GAF somewhere), it was either for what the GoWIII pre-order bonus would be or the collectors edition. Sounds like they are making it a standalone retail product instead.

Since I've got a 40GB PS3 (aka no BC) I'd probably buy this if it were cheap enough (no more than $29).

I don't think it was a leaked survey, from what i remember it was for what you would like to see in a collectors edition. I remember filling it out myself and 'ticking' the boxes for playable versions for the first 2 games amongst a lot of other stuff. I'm with you on the talk of creating a standalone version instead. Nice :D

Gravijah

Spydy said:
Sony are becoming as bad as MS for leaking shit out. It wouldn't surprise me if true.

The Slim leaking made them much worse than MS at leaking shit. The PSP Go basically sealed it for the rest of this generation.

It depends on the specific game, but there is no reason why they can't make PS2 based versions of GOW1 & 2 run on all PS3s. The GOW games always looked good, but they have a fixed camera which should make the GS related issues easier to solve.

There are two cutdown PS2 BuzzJunior games available for download on PSN. I don't know if these are upgrades or the original PS2 versions made to work on the PS3.

I hope they are able to make a Trico trilogy disc. Ico must be one of the easiest games to get working on all PS3s, it is practically a PSone game! I expect the opposite is true of Colossus.

Sony will want to re-sell PS2 titles on the PSN that work for all PS3 users. In the long term they need to be able to offer PS2 downloads that work on the PSP2. There is a lot of money to be made on these titles if they can get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom